The ARCA International companies [Expat Relocation Solutions, Relocation Services International, ARCA Government Services, and XPT Logistics] are concerned with the health of our customers, employees, and business partners and is monitoring the spread and impact of the Coronavirus, COVID-19.
At this point in time, we have seen effects throughout our partner network and are experiencing delays in the movement of shipments. We will continue to keep both the customer and our accounts advised as we get information on these instances and any new information we may receive. Given the wide-ranging effects of the situation, it is impossible to determine when or where we may encounter delays. However, ARCA will continue to responsibly service your transferee’s needs. Our vendor network is aware of the need for heightened awareness and responsibility and is communicating changes in their local market as they occur. We are also continuing to monitor through appropriate channels and will make any adjustments necessary as this moves forward. The currently accepted precautions should be taken by both our network and the end customers.
- Clean your hands often with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60-95% alcohol, or wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Soap and water should be used preferentially if hands are visibly dirty.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Maintain the six-foot rule by allowing that amount of distance between our workers and customers.
- Institute a temporary moratorium on handshaking and other direct physical contacts.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Employees who have symptoms of acute respiratory illness are required to stay home and not come to work until they are free of fever (100.4° F [37.8° C] or greater using an oral thermometer), signs of a fever, and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines (e.g. cough suppressants). Employees should notify their supervisor and stay home if they are sick, as you would with any type of illness. https://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/hygiene/etiquette/coughing_sneezing.html.
From a company standpoint, we have a Business Continuity policy in place in the event it is needed due to this outbreak. Our IT systems allow us to deploy a mobile workforce in a secure and safe environment. ARCA’s multiple locations also provide us with the ability to work out of several unique locations should the need arise.
We will also monitor the health of those we serve and ask that transferees and their families be upfront with us about their wellness during the move process.
Again, ARCA International is approaching this situation with an abundance of caution and concern. The health and safety of those we serve and work with is of paramount importance.